About This Workshop
This full-day experience equips leaders to cultivate a culture of inclusiveness where everyone on the team feels valued.
The value and benefit of having a highly diverse team can only be realized with a culture of inclusiveness. Inclusive leaders cultivate an environment where everyone on their team feels safe, valued, welcome; like they belong. No one feels the need to cover their identity or, worse yet. take on the identity of the leader. Teammates feel free to be themselves. When this happens. the leader and the organization will reap the full benefit found in highly diverse teams.
Module 1: What is Inclusive Leadership and What Makes an Inclusive Leader?
• Define Inclusive Leadership
• Identify the Challenges of Inclusive Leadership
• Introduce the Inclusive Leader Model
Module 2: The Self-Aware Leader
• How Self-Aware are you?
• Tools to Increase Your Self-Awareness
• Identify and Remove Blind Spot
Module 3: The Culturally Intelligent Leader
• Why would Cultural Intelligence (CQ) improve inclusiveness?
• How do you identify?
• Understanding the dynamics of differences
Module 4: The Curious Leader
- The role of curiosity in being more inclusive
- Are you asking questions or being curious?
- How Teachable Are You?
- Are You Interested or Trying to Be Interested?
Module 5: The Consciously Biased Leader
- The role of bias when trying to be inclusive
- Moving from stereotyping to generalizing
- Overcoming the “Like Me” bias
Module 6: The Equitable Leader
- Equality vs. Equity
- Becoming aware of the barriers people face
Get trained to facilitate this workshop in your organization
Ready to talk to someone about a private workshops